Positive reviews of The Journeyman Life are rolling in!
“Psychologist Daloisio has astutely blended his professional knowledge as a practicing psychologist and his personal life experiences to create this self-help guide for men looking to make the first steps toward change, such as better connecting with a significant other, being a better friend, becoming more open and less guarded, and more. With a warm, open, and can-do demeanor, The Journeyman Life balances the practical and the thought-provoking, arguing that it’s possible to defuse anger, frustration, and other negative emotions, and always writing with an attentive eye to the ever-shifting cultural assumptions and standards that men face. Daloisio knows the impact of change, saying, “Our quest for the evolution of our own life is at stake, but in truth, the stakes are much higher than that.” For readers committed to bettering themselves, Daloisio’s stand-out guide offers a simple, inviting place to start.”
Read the full review: https://booklife.com/project/the-journeyman-life-60670
Buy the book: https://www.amazon.com/Journeyman-Life…/dp/1632994747/
In The Journeyman Life, I talk about the benefits of a mindfulness practice on self-awareness and intention. An important part of this daily practice includes mediation and intention setting! The following is an intention prayer that I focus on daily in that time that I take for myself, to recenter, recharge, and be available to connect with the day ahead of me.
“May I be full of loving kindness, may I be well, may I be peaceful and at ease, may I be happy.
I commit myself to the will of God, I give my heart and soul to God, I deserve the best in life, I serve the highest cause in life, I am a divine manifestation of God’s will.
In my mind, heart, and soul, I am filled with a belief and hope in the unlimited potential of myself and all other people.
I am having a positive influence in the world, one thought, one action, one person at a time, by deeply knowing and reflecting God’s infinite love and light always.
Dear Lord God of the Universe, Divine Mother, Christ, Krishna, Babaji, Lao Tsu, Yogananda, Saint Anthony, Dad, brothers John and Joseph, and all the great Saints, I bow at the alter of thy devotion, please bring your light, love and positive energy.”
To introduce the book, The Journeyman Life: The Not-So-Perfect Path to a Life Well Lived, I would like to share an excerpt, followed by a description of the five major stages that are the foundation of the book and the “journey process” outlined within.
Want to learn more about The Journeyman Life? Listen to Tony Daloisio, The Journeyman Life founder, explain the basic principles that can help lead you to a life well lived.
How does one navigate the Journeyman Life process?
- We seek or want happiness, joy, fulfillment, love, peace, and success (Happiness Quotient or HQ) in our lives in one shape or another.
- We are all on a journey with curves to that end.
- While it seems like the majority of HQ is external, outside one’s self, it is actually relational and behavioral outcome-oriented.
- The reality is that like an iceberg, 70% of our HQ is determined by internal dynamics.
- The internal dynamic trumps the external and even trick us into seeing things not as they are but as we are. What we see, changes what we do, which impacts what we get. The actions to how we interpret our surroundings based on our own internal logic determine the results that follow.
- It becomes highly unlikely that any quantity of external success will satisfy the inner saboteurs, so we find ourselves in a never-ending loop.
- In order to break the pattern, we need to look deeply inside ourselves to understand the forces at play.
- The Seven Dimensions model helps us understand the areas or forces at play in one’s life above and below the “water line” of life. The Journeyman Diagnostic Check will help you identify gaps and goals in this less known area below the waterline.
- The Five Stages of Transformation helps you navigate the transformation journey.
The five stages are:
1. Outer Reality
2. Inner Reality
3. Chart Course
- The Journeyman Guide Book will take you through a step by step process to move through the five steps and transform your HQ and results on the journey.
- The Journeyman Life offers support, guidance, and coaching through this process including Mens’ Journey Groups and 1:1 coaching.
- Moving yourself through this journey allows you to support and lead others moving through the journey. Become a life-long learner and a part of the dynamic network of growth-oriented men changing the face of the masculine role in our society.
Journeyman is a transformative learning journey that guides you through deep, practical, and precise process to improve your life as a man in the modern world. The process is designed for men who want to improve the quality of their life and relationships, develop oneself professionally, or accelerate meaningful change through the struggles of day-to-day life.
This is an important time for men to pursue this journey work. Our families, communities, societies, religions, nations, and our earth are struggling. Ego, power, abusive behaviors, greed, war, money, and short-sighted quick fixes prevail in decision-making, strategy, and values. Emerging is the effectiveness, compassion, and balanced perspective of the feminine mindset.
One of the longest-running longitudinal studies in history conducted by Harvard psychologists and researchers has revealed that 70% of the adult male population is operating from an active-ego driven mindset that has yielded ineffective life leadership, family parenting, relationship health, and leadership in our communities, organizations, businesses, and government.Harvard Grant Study
A blend of the modern masculine model and feminine perspective is needed. We need a new map to traverse the masculine psyche. Journeyman is such a map! As the notable biologist, Joseph Campbell, referred to it, this map is “the inner reaches of outer space.”